BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, August 14, 2010

BYU Scrimmage


I was able to enjoy the BYU football scrimmage today and it was very enjoyable for me to sit in the stands on a warm Saturday and watch some quality football as the fall draws near. It is great to be able to see the best sport known to man start up again. The scrimmage started with the defense playing very well causing multiple three and outs. But as the practice moved along, the offense warmed up and started moving the ball well. I thought that Heaps played great today although I don't have any stats from the day. He had the first touchdown pass down the sideline in the south end zone and the placement was perfect. McKay Jacobson made a great catch and fell over the goal line for the touchdown. But I will also admit that Riley Nelson looked good as well. He was able to connect with Jacobson in the north end zone himself along with a great scramble to pick up a first down. One of the things that really impressed me was our kicker Riley Stephenson. It blew my mind that he could take a two step approach on the kickoff and put the ball in endzone. His first couple of punts were spectacular including one 60 yard punt. He did cool off a little bit later in the scrimmage with a couple of shanked punts, but other than that I'm excited to see a great season.

0 comments: